Style, Travel & Lifestyle

Pages

Sunday 16 April 2017

Body Faves


Moisturising day and night is a habit I picked up in my early teens. It's become a part of my daily routine and for me, it's a way to pamper and relax...unless of course I've managed to sleep through my alarm and I'm late for work, then it's more of an annoying habit!

It's an absolute must in the Winter, your skin is exposed to internal heating which can dehydrate the skin, leading to irritation in some parts. Moisturiser is the best thing you can do in helping to protect your skin from the elements.

There are a lot of myths surrounding moisturiser and whether your skin can become dependent on it, however, I believe you need to do what works for your skin. I have extremely dry skin so I tend to moisturise day and night to keep it hydrated. 

I just feel my skin looks healthier, softer and it adds an element of underlying scent which will last all day. I've tried a few too many and have never found myself repeat buying any in particular until I found these two products. Since it's bank holiday weekend, you've got time to pamper and relax so I thought I'd give you a little review on my fave skincare products for your body! 


The Body Shop, Spa of the World range is incredible from the packaging to the luxurious and enticing names. It's just amazing! I use the Hawaiian scent, it's not too overpowering but lingers long enough to make you feel relaxed. 

The actual consistency is smooth like butter. I like to keep mine at room temperature to make for an easy application. Don't be put off by the slight greasy appearance in the pot, as it's not greasy when applied. However, it is a super thick, heavy duty moisturiser that spreads across skin easily. 

Compared to the others in the range this one leaves the skin feeling supple and soft to the touch, with all creams in the range sinking into the skin fast, allowing you to get dressed soon after applied. 

The price is justified through the amount you get in one pot compared to how little you use in one application. Mine so far has lasted me two months which is so good considering I use it every morning. 


This is my ULTIMATE find...and it's from H&M. This mega affordable multi use oil is great for dry skin. I brought the scent named 'Relaxing' and it does just that, which is why I tend to use this in the evening. It doesn't sink in as quickly as normal cream moisturisers do, but I feel it works a lot better in terms of keeping the skin hydrated overnight. Also, the scent takes you into a spa-like atmosphere, as it's quite strong when applying. 

The product is multi-use, and the company suggests you can add some to a bath or even to your hair to reduce frizz, so for £7.99 how can you go wrong really? It's the perfect product to take on holiday, adding a healthy glow to your tan for the evening or taming that unwanted frizz the hotter climate has decided to give your hair. 




Product Linked Below |

Hawaiian Kukui Cream, The Body Shop
Multi- use Oil, H&M 

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Samantha Dobbin. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign