Style, Travel & Lifestyle

Pages

Friday 15 September 2017

Pinstripes & Sagrada Familia, Barcelona



This time a week ago I was drinking sangria, looking out on stunning views and soaking up the sun in Barcelona, and now I'm under blankets with multiple layers on in a not-so-warm-England.

One of the places I explored whilst there was the infamous Sagrada Familia Temple, designed by the historic architect, Antoni Gaudí. Who has a number of stunning designs dotted all over the city! I would recommend paying this attraction a visit, although, we, unfortunately, didn't explore the interior, the exterior was just as breathtaking. From the intricate detailing to the sheer size of the building, it's an odd design- resembling a sort of sandcastle mixed with a futuristic style rocket ship.

Where one finds Barcelona's biggest tourist attraction, finds an onslaw of guided tours all walking into you as they view a piece of history through their camera lenses. A million ice cream shops (which I am not complaining about) and just a LOT of people. I would advise visiting early to avoid the queues and crowds, although the parks either side of the temple were peaceful- the perfect place to sit and enjoy an ice cream.

I wanted to keep my look simple and above all else comfortable for exploring the city, so I opted for this light, short pinstripe dress. The bows and slight open back kept it playful whilst the length and frill kept it moveable and airy so, there wasn't any chance of me becoming too hot in the spanish sun. Also, for under ten pound this Primark dress was a real winner in my eyes, I've since worn it with a leather jacket and black boots to the pub in the evening- such a transitional piece.

I kept my accessories to a minium, sticking to my favourite Chloe style bangle bag as my Barcelona bag of choice, due to it's size and accross body option it was perfect for wandering the streets without worry of pickpockets. As for my shoes...aren't they just amazingly mad, I couldn't help myself when I saw all the tassles. Great for jazzing up any outfit!


Outfit Linked Below |

Dress Primark
Sandals Topshop (in black)
Bag Mango (in black)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Samantha Dobbin. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign