Style, Travel & Lifestyle

Pages

Friday 10 March 2017

The Principal on George St, Edinburgh

Where to stay in Edinburgh? ... The Principal on George Street. If you are going for a romantic mini break or you and the girls are heading up north to chill out and spend some time together, this hotel is amazing. 

I can't say a bad word about my stay at The Principal. It's grand and welcoming and will leave you wanting to come back. From the friendly concierges dressed in traditional Kilt attire to the yummiest breakfast and the softest bed. I can't say a bad word about my stay at The Principal. It's grand and welcoming and will leave you wanting to come back. 


Outfit | Dress AllSaints   Bag Mulberry (similar)   Shoes H&M

We stayed in a Guest Room for our three nights whilst in Edinburgh. The finish of the room and little touches made it comfortable and definitely made me go 'wow' when I first walked in. From the impressive bed full of cushions, that yes you do sink into, to the colour scheme. The hotel just oozes cosy cottage vibes, blended with Edinburgh's grand architectural structures, it's an impressive mix that would be daunting if the staff weren't so friendly. 

Whilst you are there take a trip down to The Printing Press, it's the ultra fancy restaurant attached to the hotel. On Sunday opt for the roast dinner it's offered from 12pm - 6pm, it's one of those meals that just melts so deliciously in your mouth. Also, I recommend the Bramble cocktail it's Gin based and goes down pretty well, but also the whisky scene in Edinburgh is big, so if you're not feeling something too fussy go for a simple coke and whisky which is also lovely. 

I need to talk about the location of the hotel. I love that first feeling you get when you land somewhere new and you just walk anywhere get lost and have to work out how to get back. It's my favourite part about travelling! Edinburgh is pretty easy to navigate, you've got Old Town across the bridge (depending where you stay) and you've got New Town. The Principal is located in New Town, just a 2-minute walk from the high street and a 10 minute walk from Old Town. It's a great location and everything is in a walkable distance. There are bars and restaurants a few doors down either side. 


I went for my 22nd birthday, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. I recommend going for three nights and pack them full of exploring, coffee and cake, and cocktails. 

Samantha x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Samantha Dobbin. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign