Style, Travel & Lifestyle

Pages

Monday 23 January 2017

Products to beat January



January is one of the worst months. I mean they've even named 16th January as 'Blue Monday,' the saddest day of the year.

I've picked up some products that I've been using non-stop in recent months that have helped pick me up when hit with that January feeling. They've helped brighten and rejuvenate my skin and hair after being exposed to all weather types.


B U R T S  B E E S - Original and Pink Grapefruit 

I am obsessed and have been for a while now with Burts Bees, especially their lip balm. It nourishes and leaves my lips feeling soft and notiably reduces the dryness. I find the original also leaves a tingling feeling after application, which has left my lips looking slightly fuller. The pink grapefruit flavour smells divine, the strong smell isn't overpowering but doesn't fade as soon as you've applied. 

Burts Bees is my favourite brand of lip balm, after trying a few different brands I find these last the longest, smell amazing and there is such a variety of flavours to try. Most impotantly they are all 100% natural flavourings. 

Buy Burts Bees from Boots and FeelUnique 




O R I G I N S - Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask 

I have to admit I am not an avid skincare collector. I'm actually quite lazy when it comes to looking after my skin, which I'm definitely hoping to improve. Looking after your skin is so important as we're exposed to so much during our day to day routine and lifestyle. I seeked something that was going to give my skin some well derserved TLC and attention. I wanted a facemask for those chilled Sunday evenings, and was recommended this charcoal based mask from one of the Origins team in Boots.

Charcoal is a natual element which helps clear and unclog pores making them less visable, leaving the skin feeling fresh. Something that stood out for me was the fact that it can help reduce the unwanted oil from the skin leaving it feeling smooth. So I one hundred percent suggest this mask to anyone with oily skin, as it noticibly reduced the oil.

Before applying I'll wet a cloth with hot water to get my face damp to open pores. I'll then apply a generous amount to the skin. After application I'll relax in the bath or in bed with a book, while I wait for the mask to dry completely. Before wetting the cloth again with hot water to remove the mask, gently, as to not pull the skin. To finish I'll splash cold water on my face to close pores. 

Buy Origins from Boots, FeelUnique and House of Fraser (The 100ml bottle is shown in the photo above, which lasts a good few months depending on usage. I normally use this every Sunday.)



Z A R A - Pear & White Flower Fragrance

Zara isn't normally my first call when seeking out a new scent. However, I'm so happy I found this as it smells so amazing, not too overpowering but lasts all day with a few top ups during the day.

 It's fresh and floral, a definite dupe for Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche but without the designer price tag. At only £15.99 for the larger one and £3.99 for the small travel size bottle, so its perfect for everyday use.

Somthing that I love about the travel size is that it has a roller applicator, which is quick and easy to apply, so there is no chance of spilling it or it leaking in your handbag.

Buy Zara Fragrances either in store or online


L 'O R E A L  P A R I S -  Elvive Fibrology Air Root- Lifting Dry Shampoo

This is perfect handbag size. I'm constantly touching and playing with my hair, which is one of the main reasons for the build up of grease. So for this to fit in my handbag is so handy when I need to freshen up my roots and add a bit of volume throughout the day.

Fibrology air is a new formula which is clear and light, helping to uplift and give volume to hair that feels flat and weighed down. In the range is a shampoo and conditioner (which is a clear liquid) and the dry shampoo, pictured above.

I've not tried the shampoo and conditioner yet but I'm intrigued as to see if it works and helps my hair appear weightless. Another reason to try these products is that they smell so fresh and lovely, it's not fruity and too girly which I find most are.

L'oreal Paris brought out Elvive Fibrology to help give volume and give the hair that thickness and lush look. Something that my hair begins to lack throughout the day. I feel like this product definitely freshens up my hair and gives it more volume but it doesn't last and I apply a few top ups throughout.

Buy L'oreal at all high street drug stores Boots and Superdrug

Find out more


These products have definitely helped me update my hair and skin care routine. With most being on the go products that can be applied quickly and easily to freshen up.

Samantha x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Samantha Dobbin. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign